CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

annual physical..bowl movement I noticed an abnormality inside my anus

I'm a 22 year old male in good health. Just had my annual physical last week. The other day while cleaning myself after a bowl movement I noticed an abnormality inside my anus. It is not painful and the best way I can describe it is like an enlarged squishy area. It can be moved around with no pain and depending on position sometimes it's hard to find all together. No pain during bowl movements and no blood. It feels like it is under the skin of the anal wall about a quarter to half inch inside the anus. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Camille-Moderator replied 5 years ago.

HI and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am happy to help you. What you are feeling is most likely a hemorrhoid... which is actually a blood engourged vein in side of your anus. Here is a picture to compare what you are feeling:

graphic

Let me know your thoughts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Camille,

Do they normally feel as if they are below the skin inside the anus? And any recommendations on how to get rid of it? Also is it normal for them to not bleed?

Thanks,

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

Yes, they can feel that way. Hemorrhoids don't always bleed.. what causes the bleeding is usually straining to have a bowel movement which puts pressure on it.. kind of like squeezing a water balloon until it pops. It really needs to be seen by your Doctor to rule out other remote possibilities like a cyst or tumor... but the likely cause is a hemorrhoid.

CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.