CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

So for the last two to three weeks, I have not been feeling

So for the last two to three weeks, I have not been feeling well at all. Ive been dizzy almost everyday. The dizziness comes and goes throughout the day. And its not really a light headed feeling. its more of an I cant concentrate, feels like either my body is moving around or the room is moving around. Or as if im on a boat feeling. The worst time I get it is after a car ride, or when its nap time at my work and I am sitting still. Also in the past two days ive had chest pain in the center of my chest, and under my breasts in my ribcage area. it also hurts when i press the area. IT can feel like a full pressure along with a heartburn feeling as I get the pain in the back of my throat as well. I just feel over all like crap these last few weeks. I am going to my drs thursday. BUT ive had an ekg and chest xray last month. I have had a ct scan with contrast of my lungs over the summer. And an ultrasound of my heart, as well as a ct scan of my head brain and neck and xray of my head and neck. So what could be causing me to feel like shit every single day?

Customer:

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. In view of the fact that you have had so many diagnostic tests and nothing has been discovered, it is likely that you have a virus... possibly a ear infection, which is causing dizziness and a feeling of imbalance. Have you had a fever?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

no fever i dont think

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

and my ears dont really hurt

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

are you still there?

Customer:

do you feel a fullness sensation in your head or ears?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

sometimes in my head

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

the dizziness started when i was on my period

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

and just continued after

Customer:

A virus anywhere can make you feel run down, foggy headed and a give you a general feeling of unwellness.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

ive felt like this for two weeks. is that normal?

Customer:

I am glad you are seeing the Doctor on Thursday , he will be able to examine you and diagnose as well as treat you. In the case of a virus...

Customer:

these usually have to run their course, which can be anywhere from several days to a couple of weeks.

Customer:

In the mean time.. are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day and sleeping a bit extra?

Customer:

These things will help you to feel better sooner, if it is a virus.

Customer:

Have you had any nasal mucus?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

no i havent been drinking enough, and i just started a new job working with children

Customer:

I would recommend increasing your water intake for sure.

Customer:

Have you had any nasal mucus?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

um no not really

Customer:

that's good... I was thinking it may be a sinus infection, but usually there would be a stuffy head feeling and some mucus.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

i just got over a sinus infection

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

was on antibiotics for 20 days

Customer:

Did you feel better for a time, of have felt bad since the sinus infection started?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

i feel better since the intial sinus infection, but occasionally still am having pain in eye brow regio

Customer:

then I would suspect the sinus infection is not yet resolved.

Customer:

Your Doctor may want to order another round of antibiotics.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

what can i do for this dizziness? and i constantly am worrying something is wrong with me

Customer:

what may help you is to use some nasal inhaler such as Olbas

Customer:

which will help clear your nasal passages and sinusses... it comes in a few different varieties, and is available in health stores.. I do think you will like the results.

Customer:

You also need to work on your anxiety... you seem to tend to over worry about health issues, this is not good for your well being. When you start to worry do this...

Customer:

take some nice cleansing breaths in through your nose...slowly and blow it out through your mouth slowly as well. This creates a feeling of calm..as a matter of fact, when you take slow breaths your body will not allow you to feel anxious.

Customer:

Remind yourself..I am 23, I am health, all is well.

Customer:

err...healthy

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

ive tried that, but these physical symptoms never let up

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

and it makes me worry

Customer:

I do understand

Customer:

Please try the extra water...more sleep and see about getting an Olbas inhaler.

Customer:

Also..do you exercise?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

so what will make these symptoms go away?

Customer:

Exercise is very effective at decreasing anxiety.

Customer:

most likely another round of antibiotics if this is still the sinus infection, which it sounds like it is.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

i get anxious about working out too. cause im already dizzy

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

ive changed my diet and eat very healthy

Customer:

that is great that you are eating good now. I understand your fears of exercising..but know this.. you have already had cardiac tests.. and they are normal. Any exercise you do is going to strengthen your heart... help your breathing and make you stronger.

Customer:

Just start out slow

Customer:

you know who has an awesome workout..

Customer:

don't laugh

Customer:

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

called Blast and tone

Customer:

You will LOVE it

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

ha ha i will have to try it. I want to work out, just fear of dieing from exertin or passing out stops me :/

Customer:

I understand you totally.. a lot of people have that fear. Try his video, its on Ebay and Amazon.. and I think you will be very happy with it. It's fun and not too taxing.

Customer:

You start out with 3 pound weights and work your way up at your own pace.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

okay i will try

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

but i mean medically standing i should be okay? ive had so many tests and seen so many different drs i couldnt even begin to tell you how many tests and everything ive ahd

Customer:

something else that works... look in the mirror and say... I feel great..and smile. I promise, that does make you feel better. The power of the mind is incredible.

Customer:

YES you ARE ok:-)

Customer:

Somewhere along the lines of life you have learned to worry about your health.... this can be cures with cognitive behavioral therapy. This is offered by Psychiatrists and therapists... doesn't mean you are crazy.. means you need to learn how not to think like that. You will be so much happier.

Customer:

Would you consider that?

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

i do want to go to counseling but work alot, I am a single mother, and haveno help really

Customer:

That makes it really tough. The good thing is many therapists work later hours to accommodate working people.. some even do Saturdays and some allow you to bring your kids with you. Please check it out.

Customer:

Here's something that will help...

Customer:

My head hurts... yes, but my legs don't... my arms don't.. my stomach doesn't. Over all I feel good. ( some self talking)

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

hmmm never thought of it like that

Customer:

Because when you focus on what bothers you, you forget about all the good things that are going on. If you make yourself focus on the good, the bad will seem to disappear.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

whenever i feel something wrong its like i zone in to that area and thats all i think about

Customer:

I know

Customer:

I hope some of the things I have told you will help you... if you u se them, they really will:-)

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

i will defintley try

Customer:

Good, I am very glad:-)

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

thank you so much for your time and effort

Customer:

you are very welcome. Anytime you need me, I am here.

JACUSTOMER-ghue47fa- :

thank you :)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi camille i was wondering.if i could follow up with you. ive been.extremely anxious lately. it started at work.when.out of nowhere i had a really bad panic attack. i got really really dizzy and felt like everything was racing in front of me. i took an ativan but still had the attack but came down from.it, and ever since than i feelnon edge of having more panic attacks. my ativan does helo but im still feeling super anxious and on the verge of panic. what is going on? the only thing i can think of is an upcomingbperiod due any day. i just dont understand why im.feeling like thia. i feel like im.gonna die any moment
An oncoming period can sure make you feel out of sorts due to hormonal fluctuations... and as you know... with anxiety..often times even the most subtle change in the way you feel can trigger anxiety. KNOW that this is what it is... it's NORMAL.. and it can not hurt you. DO the breathing...remind youself that this has happened before and never hurt you and it won't hurt you now. Actually say to yourself... oh, I feel anxious..SO WHAT.. I know it will pass... it is passing now. Concentrate on lowering your heart rate while taking deep breaths... you will actually feel your pulse slowing down.