CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

My friends teenaged daughter has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

My friend's teenaged daughter has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She has been out of school for several weeks. Unknown to the Dr. is the fact that the wood floors in this house are saturated with dog urine that has been there for years and the dogs continue to urinate in the house. Do you see any correlation between the fibromyalgia and the extreme smell of dog urine? What other health issues might occur because of the dog urine?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. There is no known correlation between dog urine and fibromyalgia, but exposure to dog urine is known to cause other systemic illness such as Leptospirosis, which causes flu- like symptoms. Here is an article to read more about this:
I hope this information helps, if I can be of further assistance, please let me know:-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There were no symptoms of leptospirosis. I repeat my question to you. Do you see any correlation between fibromyalgia and extreme odor from dog urine?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
No, there is no known correlation.