Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

i recieved oral sex from a prostitute in lombok bali. my symptoms

i recieved oral sex from a prostitute in lombok bali. my symptoms are burning in my anus pain and heat in my testicles and discomfort in my urethra. all my std tests are clear but these symptoms are getting worse. what should i get tested for !
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.
Greetings.

Your symptoms are suggestive of prostatitis (prostate infection). Following investigations will clinch the diagnosis;

1) Semen culture
2) Culture of fluid expressed from penis after prostate massage.
3) Urine culture

These culture tests not only identify the organisms but also tell about the best antibiotic which can eradicate the infection. A course of antibiotics accordng to the culture tests will resolve the issue.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi thanks the other thing is my partner after this has symptoms of swollen lymph glands and has fevers. is this proatate infection sexually infectious
You are very welcome.

Yes, this can transmit the organisms and the infection. So use of a condom till the infection is eradicated is advised.

It is privilege assisting you.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so I can get compensated for my work. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I am truly privileged to help you, and I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer. Good luck!

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you most helpfull. also though can this infection produce fevers and nasea sensations. are there any other possibilities other than proatatis ie hpv or strep or something called trich?

You are most welcome.

Prostatitis can cause fever and nausea. There can be other symptoms like generalized bodyache, fatigue etc. Strept is one of the bacteria which rarely can cause prostatitis. Trichomoniasis or HPV are not likely to cause your symptoms.

Dr. Arun