Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

hi, am a 27 yrs old so far healthy :) been feeling a weakness

hi,
am a 27 yrs old so far healthy :) been feeling a weakness on my left upper limb, its not specific actually its not a weakness its the sense of weakness.each time when i lay down on left side at bed i feel the numbness.one day i went to a chines aquapuncrist he claiming he is a chines doctor studied 5 year chains medicine anyhow he is a decent man , i told him about my symptoms he pressed by his finger on my bottom neck for 30 sec then i really felt numbness all over my left hand sometimes i feel weakness on my left hand fingers even when am typing this text.
thanks

Dr. Singh :

Customer:

hi Dr.Singh

Customer:

is my history helpfull

Dr. Singh :

It is likely that what you are experiencing are symptoms secondary to a pinched nerve. These can be due to a pinched nerve in your cervical region (neck), in your elbow, wrist. These things are also known as cervical radiculopathy, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel. I recommend that you see a regular physician regarding this for a work up, you may require an xray of your neck, a physical exam. In the meantime you can try wearing a wrist brace to help with the numbness at night and while typing. If there is any pain associated with this you can try taking ibuprofen as this will help with any swelling and relieve the nerve irritation. Also you may benefit from stretching exercises that will be determined once a proper diagnosis is made. So please see your regular doctor as soon as possible.

Customer:

am an athletic person these feeling is not affecting my life

Customer:

it just annoying me

Dr. Singh :

I can understand.

Customer:

so to physician i should go

Customer:

which speciality...

Dr. Singh :

A primary care doctor is okay for now as they can do this work up for you. Later depending on what is found you may need to see a physical medicine and rehab doctor.

Customer:

is it serious...i have to book an appointment now or it can wait...since i'm suffering from this awhile

Dr. Singh :

It is not serious. In the meantime you can do the measures I advised with the brace. But you should see a doctor as soon as you can.

Dr. Singh :

Do you have any additional questions?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
You are welcome