A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have tiny puss pockets on the soles of my feet I pop them

Customer Question

I have tiny puss pockets on the soles of my feet I pop them and then the skin gets all flaky. they are very itchy until I pop them. I have had them for about a year but I just got a job doing laundry at a retirement home and it is very muggy in there does this have to do with moisture? They are getting worse and forming in clusters what should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Pus implies that there is an infection. You would need to see a medical provider to determine what is causing the infection. You can try washing your feet and applying over-the-counter antibiotic cream before putting on clean socks. You should also alternate 2-3 pair of shoes so that each pair has a chance to dry out thoroughly before being worn again. Sprinkle antibiotic powder into them before putting them on. Washing your feet again in the evening, applying ointment, and putting on clean footwear can also help. However, if this doesn't eliminate the problem in a week or two, you should see your medical provider for an exam. If you have no insurance you can try a free clinic. You can search for one in the links below, but you will probably find more in your local telephone directory.