Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I fell out of chair and hit my head hard on concrete floor

I fell out of chair and hit my head hard on concrete floor last night.
I had too much to drink and don't even remember it.
I just found the really sore spot on the back of my head off to the left side this morning, and was wondering why.
I found out from my friend who was drinking with me last night. She actually came to see me if I'm feeling ok.
According to her, I hit my head quite hard.
Other than the sore spot - it's red where I hit, I have been feeling fine.
I woke up early and had a breakfast. I got very hungry and ate lunch, too.
But, my friend tells me that sometimes it takes a few days later to feel any symptom from it.
So, I'm starting to worry now.
Should I go to an emergency to check to see if everything is ok ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Do you had any episode of vomiting?
Nausea?
Vertigo/dizziness?
Blurred vision?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I have none of those symptoms.
Just really sore where I hit.
Watch for the following symptoms: If the following symptoms appear, only then you need to go top ER: Vomiting more than once,Confusion, Drowsiness,Weakness or inability to walk,Severe headache,loss of consciousness, Nausea that doesn't go away.
As you are not having any of these symptoms, you don't need a doctors consultation right now.You can wait & watch your symptoms. Apply ice.Use a light washcloth as a barrier and wrap the ice in it and apply it 20-30 minutes at a time and can be repeated about every 2-4 hours.Take tab.. Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day. It is available as OTC without prescription to reduce the inflammation & pain.Just keep an eye of observation.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Regards-
Dr.Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just one thing before I accept your answer.
Actually, my both leg, especially from knee down to my ankle and my hand around my wrists feel weak.
Does it mean anything ?
Yes,Weakness or inability to walk can be a symptom of head injury which is of concern.For this symptom,as you have described now,you need to consult your doctor.If the potential for a serious injury to the brain exists, the doctor may order a CT scan. So I advice you to see your doctor.Till then apply ice.Use a light washcloth as a barrier and wrap the ice in it and apply it 20-30 minutes at a time and can be repeated about every 2-4 hours.
Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can get credit for time & assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated. Regards- Dr.Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor