Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

I have a small 2mm hard white bump just above my upper lip.

I have a small 2mm hard white bump just above my upper lip. It does not hurt and is not like any pimple I've ever had.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

Your description sounds like simple "milia", which are very small cysts of dead skin cells that are trapped within the surface of the skin.

They are harmless, but if you want them removed, your doctor can do this easily.

Here is a link with some more information:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your answer but I would like a bit more information about these "milia". I've looked at the link you provided but it really didn't give much about prevention. It seems they will likely return. How do I prevent or at least minimize the number?
Medically, there is no known prevention for milia.

However, treating your facial skin properly will probably help. Any treatment to prevent clogging of pores is likely to also prevent formation of milia.

--Use a gentle exfoliator (gentle scrubs, or an exfoliating cleanser) a couple times per week. Don't over-do this---treating your skin too harshly will cause it to produce more oil and clogged pores which can lead to milia.

--Avoid too much sun exposure on your face.

--Avoid the use of oily, greasy cosmetics or other products. Opt for use of non-comedogenic products instead.