DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.

how long does it take to get rid of flukes parasites my holistic

Customer Question

how long does it take to get rid of flukes parasites my holistic doctor has me on paratosin and parastat for 1 month and says i need to stay on paratosin for 3 to 4 months more is getting very expensive for me and i wonder does it take that long and how will i know for sure is there another way that it does not cost as much.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have not got an answer yet and i can not keep typing the same question my typing is not very good
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 years ago.
Greetings.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Did you consider your primary care physician for the flukes parasite?
How were you diagnosed?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only went to holistic doctor i had bad experience with primary and i can not effort both and i do not have health insurance.

How did you holistic doctor diagnose the parasite?
Are you all symptoms resolved?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has his own way of examination hard to explain but is really something the general question is how long does it take to get rid of theme my symptoms are much better but i don't know if they all gone he says i need to take paratosin for 3 to 4 months more.

Your symptoms would be the best guide to take a decision. If the symtoms are resolved by 70-80%; you can stop the medications. You may do following;

1) Take over the counter medication pyrantel pamoate.
2) Garlic; it has anti worm properties.
3) Probiotics.
4) Over the counter multivitamin and multimineral.
5) High fiber and low sugar diet.

These measures should be able to help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know yet i have an appointment in two weeks how long can i keep the communication open and ask more question and can you recommend another holistic doctor familiar with parasites.

I do not have reference to an holistic doctor. Your local yellow pages can help you. You may accept the answer if you feel that this has been helpful, so I can be compensated for my time and effort. You can come back to this thread any time, even after accepting. Customer can open the thread any time later. I would be glad to help you further.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thank you i can accept the answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I want my original question answer if you can not let me know.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
What question remains for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please read my original question i can not keep typing it over and over otherwise please cancel. I will be out for a while and if there is no more to answer then again please cancel.Thank you.
There is no indication that I can see that you have flukes.

Praziquantil, 20mg/kg, 3 doses 8 hours apart, is enough to treat most flukes

I would simply to this and not worry any more, since there is no stool sample verification of the parasite.

To find a holistic doctor
Go here
www.functionalmedicine.org
or
http://www.holisticmedicine.org/

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So the best way to know is to have a stool sample or is there another way?
No
3 to 5 samples
The holistic ways of detecting parasites that do not do this are nonsense..they are only supportive, not definitive.
Why go through months of treatment without definitive?
see the functional medicine site...they measure.
good luck

DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience: Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.