Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

few days later), back to feeling mildly wheezy at night

Customer Question

Hi, my 58 yr fit husband has just taken a 14 day prescription of Singulair. He seemed better, but is (a few days later), back to feeling mildly wheezy at night. Can you continue Singulair for another 14 days?
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Yes, Singulair can safely be taken on daily basis for additional 14 days or as long as necessary. A lot of people with asthma or with seasonal allergies take Singulair on daily basis for years.

Singulair is a very safe drug and if it made improvement in hour husband's symptoms, I would encourage him to continue using it.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,