Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I drank 4 glasses of wine on friday and was given an etg test

I drank 4 glasses of wine on friday and was given an etg test for probation on monday. I took the tes approximately 60 hours after my last drink. I did not drink the rest of the weekend and drank alot of water. Could I have passed?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 years ago.

Despite claims made on many websites of a detection period of "80 hours", the detection period for commercially available EtG tests is much shorter.

Here is an article published in 2007 which looked at the actual time till last detection and found that the tests were negative by 26 hours when using lower doses of alcohol.

So there is an high chance that you must have passed the test.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would that apply to tests for probation as well? My research indicates that with a low amount of alcohol the etg should be out, but I just needed a professuinal opinion to ease my nerves.
Yes, it would apply for the test for probation too. But ideally you should not have consumed alcohol, as risk exactly cannot be quantified. The metabolism of the individuals are different so a categorical answer like Yes or no can't be given, as you may understand. But there is a very high chance that you would come negative.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I have hopes that it will be negative and have learned my lesson.
You are very welcome.

Good luck.