Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

Hi I am a 21 year old female. I am overweight and have recently

Customer Question

Hi I am a 21 year old female. I am overweight and have recently been going through a very stressful time In my life. On the 31st of July (16 days after I finished my period) I was with my partner, we did not have sexual intercourse, but we did preform oral sex. I'm not quite sure if he had pre cum on his hands when he touched me, or if he had it on his penis when he rubbed it against the opening of my vagina, he has began to slide his penis in before I told him to stop. After this, I did begin to stress, as falling pregnant cannot happen until I'm married! I later got my period on time, but it was lighter then usual and not quite as painful. It lasted 5 days.. And now I have missed it twice since. I'm not on
The pill and no contraception was used. I have no side effects of pregnancy other then no periods and sometimes nausea but I'm unsure if the nausea is stress related. I took three pregnancy tests at three different times, one being first thing in the morning and the day my period was due. I have been to my family doctor but am too afraid to tell her as I wouldnt want anyone tonknow I may be pregnant. She ran a few tests on my hormones they showed i have more testosteron then normal and he then diagnosed me with polocystic ovarian syndrome. If I was peregnant would this have showed in any blood test? Is there any other test I can have done at the doctors that would accidently show i was pregnant? I do have almost all the symptoms of polycystic ovaries, it just seems odd how it suddenly came on as my period is always usually on time. I am now on metfromin for the PCOS and I'm praying that this will regulate me. As I said the past 5 months have been a really rough emotional time in my life & very stressful. Do u think I am pregnant?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
What is your height and weight?
What else are you taking besides Metformin?
And, the pregnancy tests were negative, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
160cm & weight around 113kg.. I'm on no other medication. Yes they were all negative
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
What is causing this is your weight and HENCE this causes PCOS - and this is due to excess estrogen in the form of estrone which increaes your testosterone and then your insulin levels and hence you are NOT pregnant and the likelihood of getting pregnant is very unlikely without some help.
Now, since you do NOT want to get pregnant that is okay - but you need to lose weight and you need to decrease the androgen (testosterone levels).
So, I have some things that you NEED to do.
Please click on ACCEPT and I would be happy to discuss these all with you.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have only started taking the metformin for one day. I have been trying to lose weight but I find it rally hard to keep off: I was only diagnosed with this last week. So is it still possible pregnancy can happen? I don't know if it is all in my head but I feel As though my stomach is boosting a Loy after meals and it just looks a lot more rounded thn usual. Thanks for ur help
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Metformin is just one thing you need to do, and with a negative pregnancy test you are NOT pregnant.
I can explain what you want and need, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. So what do I need?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pregnancy tests were home pregnancy tests. Are they accurate enough
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
The home pregnancy tests are the same as the doctor office especially the home pregnancy tests and if you are more than 14 days from intercourse you are not pregnant with a negative test and trust me you are definitely not pregnant because you have PCOS -
So, YOU need to lose weight - and the way to do this is eat ONLY 1500 calories per day and do NOT starve yourself.
And, you need to exercise and I mean Really exercise 5 to 6 days per week 60 minutes per day and you need to be burning 400 to 600 calories per hour.
And, you need to be taking Metformin 1500 mg per day.
And, then you need to be taking specifically a birth control pill called Yaz, Yasmin or Demulen - this will decrease the testosterone levels too.
And, there really is no good single test for this, but you do need to have a pelvic ultrasound and these blood tests: testosterone, Insulin, Estradiol, FSH and TSH thyroid.
You might have a low thyroid.
I hope this helps, and you are very overweight, so you really need to concentrate on this. And you need to strive to get to 70 kg, and once you do you will feel a lot better and you will be able to get pregnant in the future more comfortably and with a LOT less complications than many obese women have when they do get pregnant.
Thank you for your questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome - keep a positive attitude and YOU can do this.