DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

taking lo dose prednisilone 2 mg for polmyalgia rheumatica

Customer Question

taking lo dose prednisilone 2 mg for polmyalgia rheumatica also taking aspirin for pain releif which is very effective i take aspirin 300 in the evening i get a better nites sleep and it is very effective i have just commenced this and iam looking into side effects as it improves the quality of my life i want to get off prednisilone as i have a family history of osteo and have already rearly signs of osteo i have tried panadol for pain releif but it does not have any effect i take many antioxidant formulas as well
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
You can not substitute aspirin for prednisone, which puts this disease into remission, and is then tapered.
Aspirin will not.

It is OK to take the aspirin but you have to watch out for stomach irritation and ulcers, especially when on prednisone.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.