CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Fatigue, constipation, headaches, occasional nausia, forgetfulness,

Fatigue, constipation, headaches, occasional nausia, forgetfulness, irritiability, anxiety, mood swings, likely is all of these symptoms be related to my depression? And is it likely that this group of symptoms could be related to something other than what doctors typically look for in a basic blood panal?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today.

CamilleRN :

Apart from Depression, You may have something called Irritable bowel syndrome( IBS). IBS is a term given to a functional bowel disorder that can cause constipation, nausea, diarrhea , either or… or both as well as bloating and can contribute to headaches (due to Constipation) .. Try this, drink least 8 glasses of water per day. Purchase Bio- K ( available in the cold case of health food stores) , which is an excellent probiotic that will not only help with regularity but also improve your immune system, also purchase Benefiber..( Over the counter) and take it per package directions. This combined with Bio K will promote regular, productive, well formed, easy to pass stools and help eliminate abdominal bloating and gas.

Since my doctor has not mentioned this as a possibility, should I bring it up to her? How is IBS diagnosed?