Dr. Sheriff MBBS
Dr. Sheriff MBBS, Family Medicine
Experience:  Over 10 years experience

chronic migrainge headaches..pain is fioricet with codeine

Customer Question

I have chronic migrainge headaches. The only medication that helps relieve the pain is fioricet with codeine. I have records from when I had insurance if you would ned them.
Thank you. Jan L.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sheriff MBBS replied 4 years ago.

-For how long you have been on treatment ?
How frequent are your attacks?
Do you know what triggers the attacks
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had been treated for migraines for about 5 years. I've had CAT scans, MRI's, etc. I'm recently going through a divorce and move. Needless to say the stress is bringing on a migraine that can last at least once a week and can last usually 2 day's. I don't have insurance and the fioricet with codeine or fioricet#3 helps with the tension. I have records that show I have bone spurs in my 2and 3rd cervical vertabre(sp) and tendenidis (sp) in my right shoulder.

Thank you.

Dear client,

since you are experiencing frequent attacks I suggest the following,
  1. If your present headaches are similar to your usual headaches, then try to get at least 6 to 8 hours sleep every night.
  2. If going out in sun use sun glasses.
  3. As it is illegal for us prescribe on line discuss with a doctor, and arrange some prophylactic medicine like propanolol, timolol, amitriptiline, Sodium valproate, or Topiramate, which will reduce the frequency of attacks.
  4. If your present headaches are different in character from your usual headaches then you should see your doctor in office, to rule out a new problem.
I hope this helps you please click accept to credit my expertise and time, a positive feed
would be appreciated.
any further questions feel free to forward.