Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

whole ear and I believe it made a seal around the ear and I slept

A couple of months ago I fell asleep with headphones on. These headphones cover the whole ear and I believe it made a seal around the ear and I slept on it. I awoke the next morning to find my ear sealed and in need of popping. It goes away when I'm upright or sleep on my right side but every time I sleep on my left it seals and it feels like pressure in the ear.

Thanks for your question.

I am an ENT and wants to help you.

If you pull your ear towards outside does this opens up your ear a bit?

If you blow air in your mouth with closed mouth and pinched nose , does that open the ear?

Do you have ear ringing or dizziness?

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes if I pull my ear I can help it unseal and pop. Dizziness is mild and rare and appears more as being slightly off balance. If I blow air in my mouth and pinch nose, I'm not sure.

Thanks for your input.

This seems to be ear wax because when you pull the ear towards outside this straightens the canal from inside and give some way and you feel like ear has unsealed.

You should start putting over the counter ear drops for wax , 6 drops 4 times daily and should go to ENT . Definite diagnosis can be made by doctor after examining but with history it seems like wax.

To be on safe side you can visit local doctor so that he can have a look to confirm the diagnosis.

So far as per history nothing seems dangerous .

I hope this helps you.

Please ask for any query

please click accept if i have answered your question

regards

DR Hasan