Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

Can vitamin B12 help my stressful situation of forgetfulness

Can vitamin B12 help my stressful situation of forgetfulness and problems at work?
Welcome to Just Answer
The memory problem can be age related. However, if this develops early, other medical causes that can potentially result in memory issues should be investigated.
Medication side effects, vitamin B12 deficiency, chronic alcoholism, tumors or infections in the brain, or blood clots in the brain, psychological issues such as anxiety or depression, all can result in similar issues.
Get yourself evaluated by your doctor, have vitamin B-12 levels checked, and if found to be low, then yes it would help.
But only your doctor can decide what tests and treatments are required depending upon the examination findings and the test results.
I hope this clarifies and answers your question.
Kindest Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
It was a pleasure assisting you. If my answer was helpful, Please Click ACCEPT button to give me Credit.
Please do not forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK which will be highly appreciated.
Feel free to ask any Follow up questions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would it do any harm if I start taking Vitamin B12, then see a doctor if it doesn't work?
Practically, it wont harm you if you take it first and then see your doctor if this does not work.
But logically, and ideally, the levels of B-12 have to be checked first. A this point, we do not know whether you have low or normal levels, hence we can not be sure whether you need a B 12 supplement or not?
I hope this clarifies.
Kindest Regards XXXXX XXXXX