Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I am a gay man and had a few HPV anal warts removed two years

I am a gay man and had a few HPV anal warts removed two years ago. There has been no recurrence and no symptoms in those two years and I just had a normal anal pap smear test.
I have a new serious relationship and it's still unclear to me what activities we can and cannot engage in and still avoid and danger of his being infected. Specifically:
Oral sex, giving and receiving?
Anal sex with me as the receptive partner? With him?
Anal-oral sex activity
Skin-to-skin contact
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to and thanks for your question.
In some cases immune system will clear the HPV virus on its own, but since there is no HPV test there is no way to be certain whether or not you've still got it.
You can have the warts removed by a doctor but the HPV infection may persist.
HPV can transmit from oral sex,anal sex,skin to skin contact especially in genital area.
In most cases sexual transmission of HPV is through anal intercourse. Transmitting HPV through oral sex is not uncommon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need more detailed information. Your answer does not address the efficiency of condoms, which has come under question, nor does it address details regarding oral-anal sec. I requested a high level of detail. Please address.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.
Well condoms don't provide 100% protection against HPV.
The areas not covered by condom can result in transmission of infection to health people.
HPV can be transmitted to throat by oral anal intercourse.
Condoms do reduce the risk of transmission but are not 100 % safe.
There are cases reported with HPV related throat cancers.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about manual-anal contact followed by manual genital contact...or vice versa?
Would it do any good to have my new partner receive the Guardisil injections, even as an older man? I know that there has been little discussion of this, and that insurance would probably not pay, but would it be advisable?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.
GARDASIL is advised to people between age 9 to 26.
Not recommended for people above 26.

Here skin to mucous membrane contact is there and HPV can be transmitted this way.