Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

I have severe swelling to the outside of my left knee to the

I have severe swelling to the outside of my left knee to the point that a bulge protrudes when I bend the knee, and the area directly above and to the left of the left knee bulges quite bad. There is intermittent pain and discomfort.

If the pain and swelling occurred suddenly within the last day or two, it is likely that you have a lateral meniscus tear or a left cruciate ligament injuries. If the swelling and pain has been more gradual over several days, then arthritis and bursitis is more common.

An Xray will help pinpoint the diagnosis.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.