Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I am a stage IIIC Ovarian cancer survivor..almost 5 years cancer

I am a stage IIIC Ovarian cancer survivor..almost 5 years cancer free. I had an episode where I needed to go to the ER for severe cervicothoracic pain that radiated down both of my arms and my fingers were tingling. On the CT of my neck, they found scattered lymph nodes throughout my cervical region and hypoventilatory changes in my lung apices?? Should I be concerned??

Hypoventilatory changes in lung apices and scattered lymph nodes are not likely to be related to the ovarian cancer 5 years ago. A chronic infection is a more likely possibility for these medical imaging findings. Please do not see the Internet resources which are useless for the diagnosis in an individual case and give wrong perspective. This can cause unnecessary anxiety.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun