Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

I have developed a method for hair loss due to chemo, I would

Customer Question

I have developed a method for hair loss due to chemo, I would like to reward the clinic for allowing us to operate during the infusion process. What is allowed as reward or compensation? It is not considered a medical process, it is considered hair care.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sheriff MBBS replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Sheriff :

Greetings!

Dr. Sheriff :

Can you please explain as to what is your profession and whether you have developed a method to treat patients regain hair lost due to chemo therapy.

Customer:

I am an engineer by education with rescue and industrial/wilderness first responder experience. We use hypothermia to prevent chemo induced hair loss. We have an 85% success rate with all chemo drugs and some drug regimes over 95% success. It has been the standard of care in Europe for 20 years, overlooked by the US medical community for many reasons. We have found a way to effectively use the process in a clinic friendly manner. My question is what rules dictate how a doctor can be compensated for allowing us to operate in his clinic as a hair care service?

Dr. Sheriff :

I suggest this should be discussed with an oncologist or an Hospital Administrator where chemo-therapies are undertaken.

Dr. Sheriff :

If you satisfied with my answer please click accept .

Customer:

That is a good statement of the obvious, however none of the Dr.s seem to know what is legal. that is why I am looking for them, I was hoping for an FDA reference document. Do you know of any?

Dr. Sheriff :

I am sorry I do not know

Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
I am confused. Are the patients paying you for this service?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes they pay me, but I would like to find a legal way to compensate the clinic for allowing us to service our clients in the facility.
You actually cannot. That would be perceived to be a kickback and that is illegal.
You can give them nice holiday presents, but anything more than a few hundred dollars would be frowned upon.

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you found this helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you Laughing
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained