Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

I have been taking Augmentin 875 twice daily since Wednesday

I have been taking Augmentin 875 twice daily since Wednesday for an ear infection and have felt dizzy since I started taking the medicine. I did not have dizzyness prior to taking the medicine. Is the Augmentin causing this? Should I discontinue the Augmentin? Will the dizzyness get better over time?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer,

The side effects of the drug may occur whn a person takes it.The risk to benefit ratio has to be kept in mind when one is on these drugs.

Since you are taking it for the ear infection so you may continue it if the symptoms are not worse

The other side effects of augmentin apart from dizziness are anxiety, pruritis, diarrhea, nausea etc.These side effects are temporary and will be off once you stop the drug.

The other causes of dizziness should also be ruled out though chances are less.

Here is the link for more information

side effects of augmentin

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you