CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

back..constant diahorrea stomach cramps..come back negative

i,ve recently come back from a holiday in spain i have had constant diahorrea stomach cramps for the last ten days i have lost over a stone and half in weight i had a test for food poisioning which has come back negative the doctor has now told me to take anti diarrhoea tablets and eat what i want but i am still constantly going to the toilet should i be worried or should i get a second opinion
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. If he tested your stool and found it to be negative for any pathogens then yes, You can follow the protocol he gave you for a day or two to see how you do. If this continues for more than a day or two longer, then I would have to recommend that you get a second opinion.