DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Is liver cancer curable What is the life expectancy of someone

Is liver cancer curable? What is the life expectancy of someone with liver cancer? where is the best place to go for treatment?

Jo Ann
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Liver cancer is curable if it is an isolated tumor that arises from the liver and is removed.
If it is metastatic from the colon it is not curable but can be put into remission.

There are a number of good cancer centers
Mayo Clinic
Sloan Kettering
MD Anderson
James Cancer center

And so on.
Your doctor should go over what exact type you have and which of these centers would be the most appropriate.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.