CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Ive been taking a course of Sulfatrim Ds for the last week

Customer Question

I've been taking a course of Sulfatrim Ds for the last week and a half on account of a persistent sinus infection and have had some odd sensations. I was back to being healthy three days after starting the antibiotics but woke up the next morning with extreme body aches and fever/chills that stayed for the next 5-6 days. Those are mostly gone now but I am now experiencing a burning and itching pins and needles sensation on my skin all over. I have two and a half days left on the course, do I continue taking it or end the
Sulfatrim treatment?

Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today.

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
. While it is likely that this reaction is limited to a skin reaction, you need to be aware of the fact that it can a become more serious reaction. If you don't have some...get some benadryl and take it per package directions, if at any point you feel short of breath, go to the Emergency room immediately.