CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

hello, im a 65 yr. male. i have a very bad body and mouth

hello, i'm a 65 yr. male. i have a very bad body and mouth odors. i have been to some of the best hospitals in N.Y.C. and the doctors have no answers. i have had these problems for at least 5 yrs.. i need help bad. thank you for any help you can give me.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. Can you tell me what the odors are like? Fishy? oniony?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm not really sure,but i do know that it is offense to others, i can not smell the odor myself, but everyone that gets close to me can. as to what it smells like i can ask a dear friend in a few hours when they get off from work.It will be after 1a.m.EST.before i'll be able to responed.
I will await your friend's response and respond back to you very early in them morning......but in the mean time i want to tell you about something that can cause a horrible oral odor...tonsil stones...also called tonsiliths, are putrid smelling and tasting balls of old food, saliva and bacteria which become trapped in the tonsil folds. Here is a video which shows tonsil stones... after you see what it is, look into your throat and see if you can see anything similar in the folds of the tonsils. ( be warned.... the video is gross)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxjg5uyaww

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Camille, i had my tonsils removed when i was 12 yo. if that is any help
well..we can rule that one out! :-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
lol...yes we can, i'll talk to my friend later, and get back to you, thanks for your help
you're welcome, I will check back in the AM. Have a nice night:-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
good evening Camille, i would have gotten back to you earlier, but i had to twist some arms to get out the truth from what i thought would be easy from my friends.Anyway i was told that my body odor at times smelled like i had not showered in years. Which is something i do every morning before goin out into the public knowing my body odor and bad breath.i would like to mention, that one day i was on my way to the store and this man was walkin about 3 feet in front of me. and i could smell his body odor, and wondered if i smelled that bad (he didn't look homeless, and by his looks seemed neatly kept) i wondered if my body odor is that bad. Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX for your reply
First I want to say that I am really sorry you have had to go through this... you are very brave to try to tackle the issue and to ask others about it. I commend you. Now...as far as the odor goes..there is a metabolic disorder called Trimethylaminuria, where there is a problem with the production of flavin, which is an enzyme, causing the body to have difficulty in breaking down trimethylamine oxide. When Trimethylamine builds up it is released via perspiration, urine and breath, and has a horrendous odor. Some treatments include dietary changes and Treatments with antibiotics such Neomycin. Here is a link to read more about this HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hello Camille, I will be looking into your advice within the next few days. Your advice has been the best and really only good advice that i have gotten after going to two hospitals and private visits to a few doctors.I'll be trying another hospital monday. With your advice in hand. One last request, do you know of any doctors in the N.Y.C. area that would be better suited to handle and treat my condition? If not, thats o.k, i have enough information to make them aware. Once again, thank you for your time and help.

P.S.

Last night i press the accept button for you to be paid, but will gladly try it again.