CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I have a long family history of diabeaties grandma died from

I have a long family history of diabeaties grandma died from it my uncle died of it and my dad died with it . When I eat something carb loaded or sugary I crash it knocks me out I dont have health insurance is there a good chance I've got the same?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. Yes, diabetes often runs in yes, it is possible. You really need to see a Doctor so you can be tested for this, as diabetes left untreated can be very serious. In the mean time, make sure to avoid concentrated sweets ( sugar added) and limit your carbs, such as breads, crackers etc. Make sure to exercise daily and drink at at least 8 glasses of water. Here is a link to read more about a diabetic diet: HERE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so I shouldnt be knocked out from eating because that dont seem normal?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
yes..if you have a high blood sugar you will feel very tired. SYmptoms of high blood sugar include: Frequent urination, thirst and sleepiness.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
I know this is scary, but today's medicine can help you to live a normal , long life... so please do see your Doctor, If money is a problem, call your local health department to inquire about public health programs that can help you.