CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

my erection, its either not fully hard or wont last sex drive

Im 28 years old male, im fit and seems like healthy person, but have developed issues with my erection, its either not fully hard or wont last long. Im afraid to lose a girl i've met. I feel like my sex drive is down. Could testosterone replecament therapy be the answer?
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am happy to help you. Before you consider hormone replacement... you HAVE to have a blood test to see if your testosterone is low. IN most cases, when this occirs to someone in your age bracket, the problem is psychological more often than physical. Start with your Family Doctor, ask for a blood test to try to isolate and treat the cause.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I see yes, i do have a stress, because im not the most happy about my job right now and i suffer little bit from social anxiety i think (sometimes im uncomfortable talking with others and i blush and want to avoid further conversation) How to tackle my anxiety?

Being acutely aware of your body and the most subtle changes, such as an increase in heart rate, can be a catalyst for anxiety...causing your body to shoot out adrenaline which can lead to some or all of these symptoms:

Chest pain , tightness or discomfort

erectile dysfunction

Fear of dying

Fear of losing control

Dizziness or feeling like you might pass out

Hot flashes

Numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or face

Fast heart rate

Shortness of breath

Feeling like you are choking

Feeling detached or disconnected from reality
Feelings of impending doom

For example.. you bend over to pick something up…. Your heart rate goes up.. you become aware of it and become anxious …now starts the barrage of symptoms and a full blown panic attack. Your body is producing adrenaline and the symptoms keep on coming… another example.. you are about to be intimate with your girlfriend..suddenly you think. OMG what if?? and there it goes.... you worried about the worse and now the worst is happening...

The scary thing about Anxiety is that it can seem to come out of nowhere.. without a concrete cause that you can pinpoint. Anxiety can cause alterations in breathing patterns and it may be that you are holding your breath or breathing too rapidly which can cause fatigue and the symptoms you are experiencing. There is something you can do right now to stop it..... initiate proper breathing. You can help alleviate the feeling of throat tightness, panic and and shortness of breath by changing your breathing pattern to abdominal breathing. To abdominal breathe ( which is a much more effective breathing technique) place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest... watch to see which rises. It should be the abdomen, NOT the chest.Practice breathing using your abdominal muscles... (to breathe with chest muscles causes fatigue and more shortness of breath) by taking in a deep breath through your nose.. making sure only the hand on your abdomen moves, slowly.. and exhale slowly through the mouth.. your abdomen should flatten with exhalation. Do this three breaths at a time. Breathing correctly will immediately eliminate anxiety...., every time. If it comes back do it again. Here is an excellent link to read more about anxiety:

Consider taking extra hydration ( at least 8 glasses of water per day), this will help as well as de-stressing through the use of biofeedback and relaxation techniques ,

definitely plan to get adequate sleep. Sleeping is so important for over all well being.

Here is an article about anxiety and erectile dysfunction:

Here is an interesting article and video:

This article explains why incorrect breathing causes anxiety symptoms:

Also look for EASY CALM by John Mercer video series on youtube.. John Mercer has some excellent techniques.

I hope this information helps you. If I can help further, please let me know.