Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

hi i am 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant with 4th baby, yesterday

Customer Question

hi i am 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant with 4th baby, yesterday at ante natal my bp had crept up and i had protein in my urine, i was wondering whether to ring mw as i have only felt a few movements since 6am and she is normally battering me constantly, also i forgot to tell my midwife i have gained 8lbs in 3 weeks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Greetings,

As you are already 36 weeks pregnant with some symptoms of high blood pressure, protein in the urine, weight gain, now with decrease fetal movement you should consult your midwife or obstetrician urgently.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is the weight gain part of it aswell as i forgot to tell my mw yesterday, how many movements should i feel in an hour
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
After 36 weeks there can be slowing of movement. But when you feel a sudden slowing, this needs to be checked. Weight gain usually occurs at the rate of 1-2 ibs per week. 8 lbs gain is a bit higher.