Valarie
Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management
16698619

I am having pain on my right hip that feels to ache and then

I am having pain on my right hip that feels to ache and then tense up and hurts to sleep on it or bend over to pick up something. has been doing this for a couple of weeks. can't seem to get relief. so uncomfortable.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

There are many structures in and around the hip joint that can become injured or inflamed just from overuse. I am assuming you did not injure yourself, or are not aware of doing so. For proper diagnosis and treatment, you really do need to see your doctor. It could be bursitis, a tendon or ligament injury, injury to the muscles surrounding the hip, or a problem with the joint itself.

You are already taking the highest dose of ibuprofen, so if this does not help at all, its time to see your doctor.

Once you are properly diagnosed, your doctor may be able to prescribe pain medications that are more effective, and/or prescribe a treatment that will facilitate healing.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could this pain come from my kidneys????
Usually pain from your kidneys is felt just above waist level in your back and/or around to your side. Pain in your hip would not likely be caused by your kidneys.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am waiting for my second question to be answered.
My answer to your second question is in the box above your most recent reply. But here is a copy: