Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

My upper and lower molars hurt, my jaw muscles ache and my

My upper and lower molars hurt, my jaw muscles ache and my eyes are tired all the time. I also grind my teeth. What's the problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 5 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome. I am sorry you have not gotten a response to your question yet.

Grind your teeth is a condition called "bruxism". It can be present by itself, or it can be associated with a condition called "TMJ syndrome".

Here are some links for information on both of these:

TMJ Syndrome

The tinnitus can be a condition totally separate from either of these, or it too can be associated with both.

For the tension and pain in your jaw, it may be helpful to apply warm moist heat to the area as often as you need. It would also be helpful to avoid stressful situations, and avoid caffeine or any medications with a stimulant effect.

But to find out more about your particular problem, you would have to see your doctor or dentist to begin an evaluation