CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

i have had congestion and shortness of breath. Last week I

i have had congestion and shortness of breath. Last week I was in the emergency room and they did x-rays and blood work. They prescribed an enhaler,eubuteral, and an anti-biotech, arythymaicine, and a steroid med pack. I have not improved to any major extent. I also have tremors and shakey movements that are involuntary. I have no insurance and no primary doctor. I do see a pain doctor and I take percocet and morphine for my back pain.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. How can I help you?

Customer:

Awaiting answer on my question.

Customer:

I do have some cipro left over from a previous illness. Can I take that?

CamilleRN :

I am not sure of your question, but I think you are asking what you can do about your continued breathing problem? A Respiratory infection can take several weeks to clear especially if it involves bronchitis, which I think it may because of the Inhaler you were prescribed. You will improve slowly over time and more rapidly if you....

Customer:

They said I had plurosie,sp.

CamilleRN :

make sure you get at least 8 hours sleep per night... drink at least 8 glasses of water per day ( this thins secretions and helps you to be able to bring them up and clear your breathing passageways) and take Mucinex per package directions, which will help significantly with loosening and thinning respiratory secretions. The Inhaler can cause tremors.....

CamilleRN :

I am sorry to hear that,,, that is painful.

CamilleRN :

For that....

CamilleRN :

anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen)..ASK your Doctor if you can take this since you are already taking percocet... and the use of ice packs (bags of frozen vegetables at 15 minute intervals are very helpful),

CamilleRN :

Don't be discouraged... if you take good care of yourself and follow the steps I outlined you will begin to feel better very soon

Customer:

How about cipro?

CamilleRN :

Cipro is an excellent antibiotic for respiratory infection

CamilleRN :

Did they take a sputum sample? ( a test where you spit phlegm in a cup)

Customer:

We will try that. Thank-you. Can't afford insurance.

Customer:

No sample of sputum

CamilleRN :

If you don't find that you are better in a few days ask to have your sputum tested, even if you have to go to the ER to do it, they will bill you and you wont have to pay that day

Customer:

Will do.