Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Hello! Im simply off balance since I had this baby!

I'm simply "off balance" since I had this baby! I've posted a few times about varying symptoms: ongoing nausea, even after the birth, which starts around late afternoon. After a few belches, I feel fine. The doc thought it was reflux and I've been on Prilosec twice a day.

Now, in the evenings (and sometimes earlier), I'm experiencing dizziness and even shaking. The dizziness doesn't help the nausea, or rather I'm becoming more nauseous because of the dizziness? My weight is also dropping rapidly, which is odd because I'm exclusively breastfeeding an almost 3 month old. In the past, my body seemed to hold onto weight as much as possible until they were a little older. I only bled this time for 11 weeks. I asked my Midwife about it and she said some women just go longer than others.

I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday, however, he has a very busy office and I've found that it's better that I myself go in with some potential things for him to test for or think about. Whenever I just go in with a list of symptoms, I get a quick once over and sent on my way.

With these symptoms, are there any specific things I need to bring to his attention or specific tests to ask for?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Do you feel spinning or feel unsteady while being dizzy?

Hows your blood pressure?

Any ear ringing or decreased hearing?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do feel very unsteady when I get the dizziness.

I don't know about my blood pressure. I know that it was high when I went into urgent care last week and I had a Migraine. Normally my blood pressure isn't high.

No ear ringing or decreased hearing.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

Dizziness comes from three systems of the body mainly.

Ear diseases causes spinning sensations usually so that doesnot seems to be your case.

Heart problems causes unsteady feeling and the problems like heart rhythym disorders can cause this. Moreover blood pressure fluctuations can cause this too. Your blood pressure should definitely be monitored and you should get a home device for that and keep a record of that with you to show to your doctor. Low blood pressure can cause unsteady feeling specially while standing from a sitting position.

Brain problems like mass lesion can cause both sensations.

You need to have intensive investigations like.

MRI brain

Nausea can accompany dizziness in ear diseases but it can be a separate problem in your case and seems like a separate problem.

Any further investigation can be be ordered as per suspicion like if EKG is not ok than cardiologist opinion and tests like stress test etc might be required. If blood pressure is low then lots of water and other fluids is the option.

I wish you good luck for all.

I hope this helps you.

Please ask for any query

please click accept if i have answered your question

DR Hasan

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

i would like to add that this will be best if you see an internal medicine doctor for your problem and after investigations he can either treat you or take opinion from some specialist like a cardiologist.

i wish that you get well soon.

Please ask for any query

Please remember to click accept to compensate me for my time and effort here for you.