Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Why would I throw up yellow bile the next morning after a night

Why would I throw up yellow bile the next morning after a night of a few drinks. The days I dont drink I have the same heaving problem but only spit or white foamy stuff. Waking up feeling fine. then about 45 minutes to an hour. Ill start feeling sick to my stomach. Then the heaving kicks in. From my research online. Could be my gall bladder or liver? Im self employed and don't have heath coverage. Please help. I noticed there are number of people online with the same problem. But, no one has an answer. Thanks Danny
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Customer:

I have had this for about 6 years. Just been dealing with it.

Dr Brims :

Have you had any tests?

Customer:

When I had insurance I did. I had a barium test, blood test, & urine test

Dr Brims :

HAve you had any blood tests or an endoscopy?

Customer:

my doctor I had b4 thought it could me from stress or job related. So, I quit my job and self employed now. That kinda helped.

Dr Brims :

Do you have anxiety?

Customer:

last blood test I had was about a year ago. and he said everything was fine

Customer:

I never had an endoscopy

Customer:

yes I do have anxiety once n a while

Dr Brims :

I see, and what question on this condition would you like me to answer?

Customer:

um what can I do to stop the heaving and vomiting problem? And, what might be the cause of it? I hear it can be very serious

Customer:

And why does it only happen in the mornings?

Dr Brims :

t may be due to a gall bladder problem, like stones, or it may be due to duodenal irritation. The only way to stop it is to identify the exact problem, but a drug like reglan can help the symptoms

Customer:

I heard of people removing there gall bladder. Is this an option? Would a stomach ulcer also be the cause?

Dr Brims :

A stomach ulcer could cause these symptoms. but there would be pain

Dr Brims :

Gall bladder removal is an option

Customer:

if u can live without it. Then what is it there for? Sorry about all these ?s just been frustrated for so long about this. And, my doctor I had at Kaiser never can give me the right answer

Dr Brims :

You can live without your gall bladder, many people do

Customer:

how would you know or can tell if you have liver damage? And, can this be a cause?

Dr Brims :

There re blood tests that can detect it

Dr Brims :

You may ask as many questions on this topic as you would like

Dr Brims :

It is no problem

Customer:

what I have. Would you call it acid reflux?

Customer:

thank you for being here for me :-)

Dr Brims :

If you have a burning sensation in your chest it is likely acid reflux

Customer:

I do get that from time to time. And, I tried Prilosec , nexium, and any other ones they my have at the drug store. None seem to do anything but, make me throw up

Dr Brims :

Then it may not be reflux, or you may need a higher dose (prescription dose)

Customer:

in your opinion what would the best thing to do to find out exactly what it would be? endoscopy? Is that when they go down your throat with a camera to see what is going on?

Customer:

or a biopsy?

Dr Brims :

Yes, that is endosopy, and it is likely the best test, but they can do blood tests first

Customer:

I guess I need to find some affordable insurance first. then go in. How expensive would it be to do those things without insurance?

Dr Brims :

The blood test would be about $100, but the endoscopy could be thousands

Customer:

wow! I blood test it is then.

Customer:

thank you so much for ur time

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Customer:

how much can a blood test tell?

Dr Brims :

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green accept button to end this chat session

Dr Brims :

It can tell you if there are liver problems

Customer:

and it the liver is bad it would cause the same symptoms?

Dr Brims :

It could be a sign of a gall bladder problem

Customer:

and can u take something to repair the liver

Dr Brims :

It depends on the problem

Customer:

okay thank you. Will this be a one time charge of 24 dollars?

Dr Brims :

Yes, that is correct

Customer:

thank you

Dr Brims :

The liver can repair itself

Customer:

cool. Thats a re leaf.

Customer:

Have a great night!!! and Thank you again.

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience