CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I spoke to Dr Abbey regarding pneumonia recently and still

I spoke to Dr Abbey regarding pneumonia recently and still have ongoing problems with it.

I have consulted a professor specialist for this who has done extensive testing, and two CT scans, the last high definition. My lung breathing tests were worse this time than the last consultation 6 weeks ago.
He has now put me on clarithromycin, one tablet per day for 28 days. He says they have an anti inflamatory effect and they will show a dramatic improvement in two weeks. The normal dosage rate is 2 per day for 14 days. My chemist says they have no anti inflamatory effect.
Should I be taking one or two tablets per day?
Hope you can help my confusion. I would not alter the specialist instruction without consulting him but.....
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. Your Doctor is right... Clarithromycin does indeed assist with inflammation. Here are exerpts from medical articles for you to read that discusses this HERE an HERE. I hope this information helps you. I wish you a speedy recovery :-)