CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Hi, Im hearing alot about this HGC diet

Hi, I'm hearing alot about this HGC diet. All my friends are doing it and losing weight. What is it? Is it safe? Any side effects?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today.

Customer:

So can you tell me more about HGC?

CamilleRN :

the success of the HCG diet, which is based on the use of a pregnancy hormone and low calories, is mainly due to the extreme calorie restriction, which is 500 per day. With or without HCG, 500 calories will cause weight loss, but it is unsafe as your body can not get all the nutrition it needs to be healthy.

CamilleRN :

The safest way is still the best way... cutting calories and increasing exercise.... but...

Customer:

Is Hcg an appetite control thing?

CamilleRN :

if you want to lose a few pounds FAST, you could start out with a few days at 800 calories, then...begin a diet and exercise program tailored to your currrent weight,health and target goals. Something else to consider is that \Vitamin D deficiency is linked to obesity (Recommended Vitamin D to restore normal levels is usually 800 units per day)... as is not getting enough sleep. Do you sleep at least 8 hours per night? Those are two factors you can improve upon. How many calories per day do you eat? If you are not currently counting, I recommend you start. It's so easy to eat more than you think you are eating. Here is a calorie counter.. at your height and weight you might consider staying at 1000 calories per day for a couple of weeks to get a good jump start.

CamilleRN :

The use of the HCG hormone releases abnormal fat deposits and makes the fat available for consumption by the body.

CamilleRN :

it does not affect actual appetite.

Customer:

As I work from 8pm to 4 am my sleep is not the best. If I get 6 1/2 or 7 hours I consider that good. I live in Florida so I think I get enough vitamin D from sun. I had knee surgery in the spring so I was off the exercise until now. I just got a stationary bike and I'm doing that 20 min a day, gradually increasing the time. But as I see all my friends losing weight fast I'm thinking I could speed up the weight loss with Hcg. Are there any present or possible side effects?

Customer:

Are you still here?

CamilleRN :

yes I am here

CamilleRN :

Side effects are minimal if any..most people report none at all. Again the main concern is the lack of sufficient numbers of calories.

CamilleRN :

If you really want to try it, maybe you could so so for a very short time,as far as the ultra low calories are concerned.

CamilleRN :

Ebnough to give you a bit of a kick start

CamilleRN :

( sorry for the typos)

CamilleRN :

the side effects would be due to inadequate calorie intake... such as cramping ( Legs)

Customer:

Since its a hormone, what about future side effects down the road? What possible if rare side effects for the present as I don't take any presciption medicine since all of them cause some sort of reaction? And if I decide to try this Hcg, where should I get it from and what kind of strength should I be looking at?

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
I can't tell you how much to take, THIS BRAND suggests 10 to 15 drops. There is no known long term effect other than malnutrition.