CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I have red spots on my neck and back. They are pimple sized

Customer Question

I have red spots on my neck and back. They are pimple sized and look like they are blistering. They do not itch but they do hurt. What could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  RK replied 2 years ago.
How long have you been having this?
Can you send a picture ( you can upload it by clicking the "pin" icon here)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can not send a picture but it started on sunday and is still present. It looks like it is going away then when I get warm it comes out stronger.
Expert:  RK replied 2 years ago.

1. Do they contain pus/ black head?
2. Did you take any medicine recently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They do not have puss or blackheads. I have not taken any new medicine recently. The only medicine I am on is Lamictal and have been on that a little over a year.
Expert:  RK replied 2 years ago.
Do they blanch on pressure?
Are they raised from surface or flushed with the surface?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The spots are raised. pressure just makes them hurt.
Expert:  RK replied 2 years ago.
It could be acne.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It definatly isnt acne. I know what that is and it is not a pimple or zit and those dont go away and come back with heat. Acne does not look like it is blistering.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. Does it look like this? graphic
or this?
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No neither of them. It looks aparatic like acne pimples are and has spread to some on my chin and around the lip area.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
Does it look like this? Can you possibly upload a photo? is it crusty at all?graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It kinda looks like the 1st pic but they more spread out like acne is. It is not so close and more like the spot that is more white and sticks out.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
Does it get crusty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesn't. Sorry this is so tough for you.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
it's hard to guess without seeing it..... some things it can be is a fungal infection. We have fungus everywhere... when we sweat this can cause irritation which can cause a fungal infection. It can also be something called Impetigo which is a bacterial infection. You can try this.... get some Lotrimin or another antifungal cream and mix it with some hydrocortisone cream ( all creams, no ointments) This will help stop pain and also help kill it, if it is fungal, if it does not help you may need a prescription cream called bactroban.
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.