CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I recently had a tooth repaired and the dentist really made

I recently had a tooth repaired and the dentist really made a large space to fill a chipped tooth. After the procedure I had discomfort and now I find myself clenching my jaw all the time and my teeth seem loose thought I don't think they are. Ami Crazy, did he do something to my mouth? He applied a lot of pressure during the procedure. I had no problems prior.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am happy to help you. Yes it is possible that your jaw has become irritated ( which can cause numbness and possibly clenching) due to excessive pressure. This should self resolve without treatment, but if it does not feel better in a few days, revisit your dentist so he can examine your jaw and offer treatment to help you.