CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have been on the 20mg Paxil for a little over 2 weeks, now.

I have been on the 20mg Paxil for a little over 2 weeks, now. I am feeling a little bit better on some days and other days not so well. The shaking has diminished quite a lot, but I still think about myself, almost, 24-7. Does it sound as though I am going to have to give this at least 6 weeks before I really feel like myself, again?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.
Greetings.

Yes. Optimum effect of Paxil can take 6 weeks or more. So give it some more time, especially with improvement in your symptoms, which in all likelihood will get further better.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I thought I was directing my question to the mental health nurse to whom I directed previous questions. Why did she not answer my question? I know her only as Camille. I would like her to answer my question, please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I thought my question would be answered by Camille, as I directed my question to her. At the time I sent my question my computer said that she was online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do not answer my question. I need no further information until I can reach the mental health nurse, Camille. I want someone with experience in the mental health field to answer my question, not a G.P.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. yes.... give it some more time. You are already doing much better... so you know you are on the right track. It will help you so much to "lose yourself" in something you like.... could be painting... reading... something that you like that will give you relaxation.
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.