CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Change in Mirtazapine dose.

What side effects can I expect from an increase from 45 to 60 mg of Mirtazapine when lower doeses have calmed my anxiety. 
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. You may experience some symptoms of anxiety such as nervousness or insomnia as well as abnormal dreams; abnormal thinking; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; flu symptoms; increased appetite; weakness; or weight gain. It's important to note that not all patients will experience side effects, so you may not notice anything at all.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What I was asking was is this regardless of how I tolerated the first 45 mg., I still may experience new and different symptoms such as these with the increase?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is possible that when you increase the dose you may experience side effects that you did not experience with the lower dose.