CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

i am having severe shoulder pains, i was given norco 10/325

i am having severe shoulder pains, i was given norco 10/325 from a friend and it seemed to take the pain away. how do i get a prescription?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. What kind of pain? when did it start?

Customer :

it started a couple of weeks ago while i was wrestling around with a buddy of mine. i am usually good with pain but it hurts and i cant afford to go to a doctors office

Customer :

my arm was pulled behind my back and i get throbbing sharp pains

CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
What movement hurts the worst? Is it an electric like pain with certain movements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if i striaghten my arm to the side and lift up it hurts as well as when its extended and i go front to back
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
Is it BOTh arms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no juat my leftshoulder
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
you MAY have a rotator cuff injury...... here is a picture of the rotator cuff....if you press on that area is it tender?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes very much so
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
Oh gee. I am sorry to hear that.. this can be VERY painful, You are going to HAVE to see a Doctor if you can't get it to stop hurting. It MAY be tendonitis.... which is a much better thing to have as it will resolve with rest and care. What you can do is try ice to the area at 15 minute intervals ( 15 min on, 15 min off) and I highly recommend Topricin Cream...I have witnessed many patients rave about it's effectiveness.. patients with back paiin......carpal tunnell,, tendonitis etc.. it's Called Topricin and is only available at holistic medicine shops, health food stores and the internet. It works by decreasing inflammation, increasing circulation, and encouraging lymphatic drainage. Here is a link to read more about it:

TOPRICIN

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is there any way to get a prescription for a few pain killers as well?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry...it is illegal for any Doctor to write a prescription without first examining the patient in person. Try the ice..see if you can get the topricin..and take ibuprofen, which is very helpful for muscle and joint pain. If it is the rotator cuff... no pain medication will really help, surgery is usually needed. We don't know if t his is the case or not.... so try all the measures, if it is tendonitis, which it could be, it will heal. If it doesn't get better in a few days, please see a Doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will do thankyou very much for your help
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 3 years ago.
you are very welcome..I really hope you get better very soon:-)