CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Following are my blood sugar level after eating dinner 1 hour

Following are my blood sugar level after eating dinner: 1 hour after dinner 192, 2 hours after dinner 172, 3 hours after dinner 120, 4 hours after dinner 116. My A1C 5.9. Am I a diabetic? Can pre-diabetes cause nerve damage in foot? I have been at the pre-diabetic level for around 10 years. Presently taking spironolactone 25mg, plavis 75mg, lisinopril 10mg, hyrdochlorothiazide 25mg, fexofenadine 180mg. With the meds I am taking and being a pre-diabetic for over ten years, can that cause burning sensation in foot? If so, what can i do to correct. l am also overweight. weight is 275 and my height is 6'1''. do you think now i am on my way to being a diabetic? I notice when i keep my blood sugar under 100 there is no burning sensation. 3 months ago i was told i have plantar fasciites. When i drive, my heels burn. Do you think i am a diabetic? If so, what do i need to do to correct problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. Your Blood sugars are a bit high.... two hours after eating it should be 120 or less. Are you following a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes? Plantar faciitis is not due to diabetes. In plantar fasciitis the ligament reaching from the heel to the ball of the foot becomes injured, inflamed and painful ( May be caused by excess weight causing pressure). Usually the pain is worse in the morning and feels better after one has been walking a bit. try these suggestions:
Take a few day off from activities. Just resting usually helps to eliminate the most severe pain, and will allow the inflammation to subside. Icing will help to diminish some of the symptoms and control the heel pain ( 20 minutes on, 20 minutesoff). Anti-inflammatory medications ( like ibuprofen) are the most effective to control pain and decrease inflammation and try TOPRICIN cream ( Available at health food stores only) This amazing product will help more than any other topical I know of... and give you enough comfort to continue your routine activities without pain. I hope this info helps you and I hope you get your sugars lower and that your feet feel better FAST! :-)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My blood sugar was 87 at 8:00pm tonight and is now 109 at 10:45pm. I have not ate anything since 5:30pm. Is this normal or another sign of diabetes?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Both blood sugars are perfectly normal... basically, your blood sugar should stay under 120 most of the time. Do you have a good diabetic diet plan to follow? The goal is to keep a nice steady blood sugar without spikes.