Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Today, I had a tingling, pain (Slight) senations in my right

Today, I had a tingling, pain (Slight) senations in my right hand/fingers..I only have 4 fingers on that hand, no thumb... the numb/tingly sensations were in the finger after what would be the thumb and the middle finger, knuckles... tonight when getting a massage from my significant other.. i wanted her to check my elbow out.. which immedately sent a pain in to my finger after the thumb... what gives????? Finger is still in pain.. feels kinda numb too...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.The symptoms you are having is due to a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome.The carpal tunnel is a narrow tunnel formed by the bones and other tissues of your wrist. This tunnel protects your median nerve.Any condition that causes swelling or a change in position of the tissue within the carpal tunnel can squeeze and irritate the median nerve. The compression of the median nerve causes pain, tingling,numbness or burning sensation.

You need nerve conduction velocity test & electromyogram (EMG) for confirmation. An over-the-counter non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can relieve swelling and pain. These medicines include aspirin, ibuprofen (brand names: Motrin, Advil) and naproxen (brand name: Aleve).

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your neurologist for tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an appointment with my Neuro coming up within the next couple of weeks.. you at least let me know who to call, because i wasnt sure who to call at this point!! so thank you for that. Normal for the pain to go down one finger from the elbow??? That also reflects carple tunnle??? could this be a continuation of the pinched nerve/ disck in my neck???
Till you get an appointment with your neuro doctor,you need to call your PCP(primary care physician).Yes, this is characteristic symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome to have symptoms in fingers especially the thumb(if you had it) and the index and middle fingers.

The most common place where the nerve gets compressed is behind the elbow. Sometimes it gets compressed at the wrist, beneath the collarbone, or as it comes out of the spinal cord in the neck.So yes,it is possible that this can be pinched at disk in your neck.But mostly it is pinched at elbow or wrist.

Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can get credit for time & assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles