DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I need a revision of my gastroesophogeaol stomach. my doctor

I need a revision of my gastroesophogeaol stomach. my doctor says I could die if I don't get it. He is referring me to a specialist ASAP. Is that true. Please explain. Thank you much.
Hello
if it is letting too much food build up and you are morbidly obese, and there is a risk from this, then if the surgery is not working they will want to revise it.
Unless there is some other complication.
This is not clear if you don't eat.
I would make sure that all other problems are ruled out, and would see an endocrinologist before you have surgery again for weight loss.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.