Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have already asked a question about gabapentin and cant find

I have already asked a question about gabapentin and cant find my way back to the doctor

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for contacting us. I don't see that you've asked a question other than this on since August. What was the question about?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I asked if there was a better antispasmodic than gabapentin for the control of vertigo. Gabapentin makes me lethargic and causes me to sleep as much as 14 hours a day, which is not lik me at all. I don't have enough conscious energy to do anything--and I am usually a quite active pertson.

Why are you prescribed gabapentin?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I answered this in my last reply--it is for the control of vertigo.
Drugs such as Divalproex sodium ,baclofen,memantine and carbamezapine may be tried instead of Gabapentin in vertigo.5-HT3 antagonists like Onandesetron/granisetron have also been effective in treating some cases of vertigo.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are the drugs you suggested listed in order of preference for trials? If not, which of the drugs would you begin with?
Betahistine and Oxcabazine are two other drugs which may help with the vertigo,Meclizine and Dimenhydrinate are other drugs which may be of use in vertigo.I would opt for Betahistine to start with,and then a trial of meclizine.Other drugs like Carbamezipine may be used if vertigo persists.The other drugs mentioned are also useful in resistant cases.
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice