911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician

How would I know if my symptoms indicated MRSA

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 2 years ago.

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

are you there?

911Doctor :

what are your symptoms?

911Doctor :

the answer is that you can not tell by symptoms if you have MRSA..... it has to be grown in a blood culture or grown from a wound culture....

911Doctor :

looks like the chat is messed up again....

Customer:

yes. my skin condition started underneath one breast. It spread to the other. it was a bumpy painful rash that broke open into sores. It has an odor. the next thing tha happened was i started getting large pimple-like pus filled sores all over my abdomen and breasts that quickly burst and slowly healed. the sores are surrounded by reddness even after healing. next, my groin area and but developed a dark purple and red bumpyrash. the large blisters formed and stayed for a two days and now they have burst leaving open sores that sting and make it difficult to sit and walk

Customer:

I also have a pimple -like bump on my finger

Expert:  911Doctor replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  911Doctor replied 2 years ago.
my answer is above...i am standing by for questions.
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Emergency Physician
Expert:  911Doctor replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I never got the description of your symptoms. YES, this does sound concerning for MRSA... If you are not under a doctors care for this you NEED to be and ASAP.

I am standing by if you have further questions.