DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I have been taking ampicillin and metro gel(spelling) over

I have been taking ampicillin and metro gel(spelling) over the past 5 days (two days left for the gel). I was positive for garnadella and had increased levele of group B strep in my urine. I seem to go back and forth between having a yeast infection or Bacterial vaginosis. Now that it seems the infection is gone I feel like I have a yeast infection. Vaginal burning on the outside and inside, itching, dry inside. But it seems a bit excessive. When I wiped myself after I urined, I had this think cheesy/clumpy discharge that was greenish/off white with a small hint of blood. Last week I had abnormal bleeding (dark red/black in color that came two weeks after my period) with heavy cramps. I'm scheduled for a D&C to diagnose the bleeding, am going to follow up with a endometriosis specialist but now this excessive discharge is scaring me.

I had intercourse and his penis was full of cottage cheese reside and when I wiped myself it was heavy tan/off white curdled discharge that even reminded me of left over tissue that was stuck in my vagina. Again a small hint of blood.

sidebar - the size of my uterus is anteverted and measures 8.9x8.1x10.0 cm. I do have about 5-6 fibroids ranging from 4.5 cm to 1.4 in size and have been having difficulty getting pregnant in past years (havent been actively trying again) and my tubes were checked and not blocked and an ovulation kit shows spike in FSH. Also a small cyst on my ovary the size of a pee. I had three abortions when I was a teenager.

I have very heavy cramps, heavy bleeding that I've been dealing with for years. I sometimes have lower back pain, have skin problems and also was diagnosed with Herpes last year but am not taking medication routinely. I've tested negative for hlamydia, PID or gonorrea or trichinosis.

My questions:

Is it the medication working, a severe yeast infection or something else?
Do I bypass the D&C and have a laparoscopy done?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 years ago.
This sounds like yeast that has not gotten better.
The medications you are on do not treat yeast and you now need a vaginal yeast medication such as monos tat and you need to let your OB or doc know.

You should go with the DNC first, as recommended.
This is less invasive and more to the point of bleeding and fibroids.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.