CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Are there any doctors at Jax Mayo who specialize in hoarding

Are there any doctors at Jax Mayo who specialize in hoarding? If so, whom would you recommend for a 75 year old woman who may need this kind of support. Does Medicare cover such treatment?
Thank you,
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am happy to help you. Any Psychiatrist and most mental health counselors will be skilled in the various therapies used to help with Hoarding behavior. I would recommend you ask her primary Doctor for a referral to someone he knows and trusts. Yes, Medicare does cover this kind of therapy, but she will need to make sure that she goes where Medicare is accepted.