DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

i have cirroises of the liver since one year,i stopped drinking

i have cirroises of the liver since one year,i stopped drinking completly and feel good.i take no more medication,eat healty and exercise,what is my life expectancy.
Your liver is clearly functioning.
How do you know you have cirrhosis?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was hospitelized last year because i retained a lot of fluids in my body,since than i was told by my that i have cirrhosis,iwas drinking a lot for about 1 year.
Any imaging done?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am waiting for a ecographie but this she told me could take minimum 6 months,she said anyway everything is fine there is no rush.
It is not clear what level of cirrhosis you have and it might not be much.
If your INR [a lab] and albumin {a lab} are ok then you don't have end stage cirrhosis.
You might have a long time, even with cirrhosis, nothing might happen if it is only a little and you take care of your liver, and you might never need a transplant.
Even if you have more than this and it is significant then eventually you would go on a transplant list..that might take 5 to 10 years depending.
You will need more information.
I don't see any indication of immediate shortening of life expectancy given all of this.
Life expectancy without intervention if you have significant cirrhosis is about 10 years.
But even that is a rough average of sicker patients

I should also mention that diet is very important for you now
A nutrient dense /anti-inflammtory diet to be specific
Mostly plant food, realy food, and not too much...and mostly cooked to start...
good luck again

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.