physician123
physician123, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

Do chancers pop like a zit Had a red bump for about a week

Do chancers pop like a zit? Had a red bump for about a week on the shaft of my penis. It doesn't weep any liquid but i can it will puss a little when squeezed. it never scabs or bleeds
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 3 years ago.

physician123 :

Hello

physician123 :

Welcome to just answer.

physician123 :

I am sorry to hear of your discomfort .

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

thanks

physician123 :

Have you experienced something like this in the past as well?

Customer:

nope

physician123 :

PLease reply by typing in the box below .

Customer:

i do shave the area though

Customer:

no

physician123 :

You there ?

Customer:

yeah im here

Customer:

hello?

Customer:

??

physician123 :

PLease answer the questions that I have asked so that I can understand your case better .

Customer:

no i have never experienced this

physician123 :

Does it look like a pimple ?

Customer:

sort of

physician123 :

Okay

Customer:

but it doesn't scab

physician123 :

Do you have any other complaints apart from this ?

physician123 :

Have you had unprotected sexual intercourse in the recent past ?

Customer:

a condom broke about a month ago

physician123 :

Was it with a high risk partner ?

Customer:

not too sure

Customer:

i don't know her history that well

physician123 :

Do you have any such lesions on the penis head and any discharge from the penis?

Customer:

nope

Customer:

its not really a lesion

Customer:

its solid

physician123 :

Thank you for the information . The commonest cause of a penile bump on the shaft is a sebaceous cyst .

physician123 :

Okay

Customer:

ok do they scab if popped?

physician123 :

You should use hot moisture compresses on it ,this will bring the pus to the surface and will eventually drain on its own

physician123 :

Once it has drained then you can use an over the counter antibiotic like neosporin to apply over the area

physician123 :

If at all they do scab it will be very minimal.

Customer:

so a chancer is more of an open sore then?

physician123 :

If it persists even after these interventions then you will need to get it checked.

physician123 :

It seems like a sebaceous cyst ...

physician123 :

The description does not match that of a STD as such

physician123 :

Thus if these measures do not help it to heal then you should seek medical help.

physician123 :

Though I do feel these measures will help get rid of it for good.

physician123 :

I hope you are getting my point ?

Customer:

i am thanks

physician123 :

Great

physician123 :

Please take the measures I mentioned

physician123 :

I wish you a speedy recovery and great health

physician123 :

Take care and god bless...

Customer:

i will thank you

physician123 :

I hope this answers you and helps you with your apprehensions.
Do let me know if you have any further doubts.
Please click on the green accept button if this answers you as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.
Thank you.

physician123, Doctor
Experience: MD